Parish Safeguarding Policy
This Parochial Church Council has adopted the safeguarding policies and procedures of the Church of England. In particular we
are committed to:
- the safeguarding of all children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- carefully selecting and training paid and voluntary staff who might come into contact with children or vulnerable
adults, using the Disclosure and Barring Service amongst other tools, to check their suitability.
- responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been
- cooperating fully with the police, local authority and any other appropriate statutory body in any investigation.
- ministering appropriately to anyone, child or adult, who has experienced abuse.
- extending pastoral care to those known to have offended against children or vulnerable adults whilst ensuring that
children and vulnerable adults are protected from them.
We have appointed Claire Ward as the Parish Safeguarding Coordinator. Claire may be contacted directly by
email at email@example.com
Any child wishing to talk about a problem can contact Childline on 0800 1111.
Any parent or carer wishing to talk about parenting problems can contact Family Lives on 0808 800 2222.
The Parish Safeguarding Coordinator is available to speak with adults or children.