Back To Church!!!
We plan to meet back in the church building from this Sunday - 6th September at 10.30am.
It will be so lovely to see each other again, but we must underline that this will not be church as we know it! However this is a necessary stage in order to feel our
way back to some kind of normality, and we will actually be meeting together, which will be great!
The PCC have done a risk assessment and certain measures have been put in place to maximise everyone’s safety. We hope that many of you will want to come back, but there
is absolutely no pressure. If you would feel safer, or if you have to isolate for some reason, please do continue to listen to the services online (though as they will
now be recorded on Sunday mornings, there will be a delay before they appear on the website).
Anyone who doesn’t have internet access will still be able to receive a CD of the service.
So that you know what to expect at the moment:
- please use the hand sanitiser as you arrive
- everyone should wear face masks except for children under the age of 11 or for medical reasons
- please maintain the 2m social distancing
- parents are to accompany their children to the toilet
- please use the one-way system through the Barton Room to access the toilets. Only one adult may enter at a time.
- please bring your own Bible
- everyone will have to register as they arrive, so please try and arrive in plenty of time
- pews have been blocked off so that households sit at a distance from others
- please go straight to your seats after you’ve been registered
- the services will be shorter than usual - about 40-45 minutes long
- we will not be able to sing
- songs will be recorded for us to listen to and the words, along with the words of the service, will be on the screen, so make sure you sit where the screen is
- there will be no separate Sunday Club or Crèche provision. Instead there will be a short children’s talk during the service and we’ll be sending out some kind of
activity sheet for the children to do during the adult sermon
- children should sit with their own family and families should stay together at all times
- we are not currently able to serve refreshments after the service
- please leave the church building straight after the service
- there will be no communion services until we’ve seen how things work out
Please do get in touch if you have any questions or concerns about any of this.